Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘chief executive’

SANDALFORD Wines is set to expand after an agreement to buy the Killerby vineyard on Caves Rd, Margaret River.

The vineyard is located on the boundary of Sandalford’s existing 400ha vineyard.wines

Sandalford Wines chief executive Grant Brinklow said the purchase provided Sandalford with a unique, long-term opportunity.

“First and foremost and coinciding with our vision of delivering ‘a fine wine experience’, our primary objective is for Sandalford to be a benchmark producer of premium and super premium wine from one of Australia’s – and fast becoming the world’s – leading wine-producing appellations, Margaret River,” he said.

“This acquisition will help achieve that objective by giving us access to some more well-established vines on arguably one of the best sites in the region.”

Mr Brinklow said the site would play host to large-scale concerts and events over the coming years.
“Negotiations are currently underway with our promoter partners to bring some truly world class performers to our Margaret River vineyard next season, the likes of which haven’t performed in the region previously,” he said.

Mr Brinklow said the venue would hold at least 12,000 people.

“We have aspirations of making our Margaret River vineyard the premier winery concert venue in the country.”
www.news.com.au

Read Full Post »

The_Sky_Railway_TrackA consortium behind a multi billion dollar port and rail project in Western Australia’s mid west says construction will start in 2011.

Oakajee Port and Rail (OPR) locked in an agreement with the State Government in April to build a $4 billion port and associated rail infrastructure.

The Chief Executive of OPR, Chris Eves, has told a business gathering in Perth this morning that the consortium hopes to complete the project by 2013.

Mr Eves says $60 million has already been spent undertaking a feasibility study with another $100 million to be spent in the next 18 months.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/090512/31/269qw.html

Read Full Post »

house-in-handsA NATIONAL affordable housing organisation has called on the Federal Government to scrap its first-homeowner grant.

The grant, which was raised from $7000 to $14,000 for existing dwellings and from $14,000 to $21,000 for new homes as part of Labour’s $10.4 billion stimulus package last year, is due to expire on June 30.

The National Shelter has called on Treasurer Wayne Swan to axe the scheme when he hands down his second budget tomorrow, saying it inflates housing prices beyond the value of the grant.

“We’d be in favour of getting rid of all of it,” chief executive Adrian Pisarski told ABC Radio today, adding if the scheme was continued, it should be means-tested.

“That actually targets those lower-income families who really struggle to get into the housing market and doesn’t advantage wealthy families who can support their kids into the market at the cost of those lower income families.”

But the Master Builders Association says the enhanced scheme should be kept as it is, minimising the effects of the global financial crisis.

“We put to the government that … the best bang for the taxpayers’ buck would come from keeping the boost for new housing,” chief executive Wilhelm Harnisch said.

“It does generate new activity, it does generate jobs, it also has the multiply effect into retail, manufacturing and other sectors.”
http://www.news.com.au

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts