Archive for May 5th, 2009

www.realestate.com.au    www.reiwa.com.au   www.domain.com.au

 www.myhousevalue.com.au   www.ozhomevalue.com.au

Read Full Post »

Nurses need to be in good health and have a certain level of education and experience. To work in a hospital or other health care area, nurses need to pass a health examination which includes a chest x-ray.

To work in Australia, nurses need to be assessed by either the Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council (ANMC) or the nurse regulatory body in the State or Territory in which they want to work.

The ANMC’s website has more information including links to State and Territory nurse regulatory bodies.
See: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMC)

Nurses are currently in high demand in Australia. There are excellent career opportunities with permanent and temporary work available in Australia. Most visa applications for nurses receive priority processing.  www.immi.gov.au


Read Full Post »

Public Health Cover

Medicare is the public health system that is regulated by the Australian Government and is available to most Australians. The public health system is designed to ensure that all Australians have access to medical and hospital care. It provides assistance with most medicines prescribed by doctors through the Pharmaceuticals Benefits Scheme.

Medicare does not generally cover temporary residents in Australia. If you are not certain of your eligibility for coverage, check your visa status (i.e. visa classification under which you entered Australia) and then contact Medicare to confirm eligibility.

Private Health Cover

Many Australians also choose to take out private health insurance as some expenses are not covered and waiting lists for elective surgery in public hospitals can take time. The cost of standard private medical cover is around $2,600 per family per year, with the government offering a 30 percent rebate on the costs of private health insurance.

Compare Private Health Cover www.iselect.com.au

Read Full Post »

Source  :  www.migration.wa.gov.au 


Perth – Western Australia’s capital city – is home to 1.5 million people. About 30 per cent of its population was born overseas and more than 200 different nationalities live here. This makes Perth one of the most culturally diverse cities not only in Australia but also the world.


Perth’s bustling central business district is seven kilometres from the coast and on the banks of the Swan River and nestled beneath the city’s 400 hectare botanical garden called Kings Park. With employment options in many industries and accompanied by affordable living costs, excellent amenities and a range of entertainment choices, Perth is a great place to live and work.


Perth is known for it’s Mediterranean climate and there are many outdoor activities to enjoy. There are public parks, beaches, picnic areas and riverside environments, most of them free to use. Sporting venues host many activities including cricket, golf, football, soccer, and tennis. Our climate is perfect for activities like windsurfing, swimming, surfing, sailing, horse riding and bushwalking.


Perth enjoys a rich cultural program of performances from the Western Australian Ballet, the Western Australian Opera and Western Australian Symphony Orchestra. Perth is also home to traditional and contemporary theatre companies plus many galleries. There are music, theatre and arts festivals all year round drawing the best talent from Australia and the world. Food and wine shows, sports events, fashion festivals and heritage and wildflower festivals are also hugely popular.

Fast Facts

Perth’s international and domestic airports are located 30 minutes from the city centre.

Western Australia, the country’s largest state, takes up a third of Australia but is only home to 10% of the population.

When the Fremantle Doctor arrives in Perth, it’s not because someone is sick. It’s the local expression for the cooling breeze which washes the city every afternoon and is especially welcome in the summer.

See Also

The Western Australian Tourism Commission

Perth Airports


Read Full Post »

Interstate Relocation


Interstate Relocation

The State Migration Centre works closely with the Go West Now Interstate Skills Attraction Campaign.

The Go West Now campaign provides assistance and information to both job seekers from the east coast of Australia and New Zealand, and also to Western Australian employers looking to attract skilled labour to the west.

Australian residents or New Zealand citizens eligible for the Special Class Visa (SCV) can register their interest in moving west and be kept up to date with job opportunities.




Read Full Post »

This is a weekly paper out every Thursday except over christmas in here you can find anything for sale  from furniture, cars, rentals, houses, blocks of land, employment and much more www.quokka.com.au

Read Full Post »

All vehicles in perth wa require a licence which includes third party insurance policy.  This licence is payable

Private Rate – No business use

Standard Rate – All or part business use.

This is available in 6 or 12 month cover.  If the wrong rate is paid and the vehicle is involved in an accident that results in a claim then the owner may be in breach of the insurance policy.

How to pay mail  – Department for planning and infrastructure Payment cente, GPO Box 777 Perth WA 6842.

                                           In person at post office.

                                           Phone 1300 655 322 Mastercard, Visa 24 hour service.

                                            Internet www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing click on pay online 24 hour service


STAMP DUTY this needs to be paid on all new and used vehicles calculator available on www.carsguide.com.au

When a person becomes the owner of a licensed vehicle that person is required to apply for the transfer within 14 days, upon receiving an invoice from the licensing services pay the stamp duty and transfer fee within 28 days.

If you are buying a vehicle privately check if there is any money owing on it by calling REVS 1300 304 024

You can get a vehicle inspection by the RAC

This is a detailed external inspection of all mechanical and electrical components including a road test.

It covers the engine, transmission, suspension, steering, brakes, wheels, tyres and bodywork.  It does not include internal examinations or brake essembles.  www.rac.com.au

To book an RAC Vehicle appraisal please call 13 17 03

Read Full Post »


This is a great site to find out all your information on schools etc.  Tafe colleges can be a pathway to university.


If you are a job seeker or in employment looking to further training please check out www.productivityplaces.deewr.gov.au   

Some courses will be fully or jointly funded in industries experiencing skill shortages.

Read Full Post »

National Police Certificate

A National Police Certificate details a person’s disclosable criminal record and is used by many employers and licensing bodies as part of their screening purposes. 

 National Police Certificate applications must be lodged at participating Australia Post outlets.

After filling out the form you are required to sign it in front of the cashier at the post office outlet, you will be charged for this service.  (approx $51.00)

ID check is required- passport and driving license or passport, medicare card and bank or credit card. www.police.wa.gov.au


Read Full Post »

Lay bys

In a lay by you choose the items you wish to purchase in the store.  You pay a deposit and the remainder of the cost in regular instalments.

The store will hold the item for you until you have completely paid for it.

Great way of buying your christmas presents.

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »